Happy 3rd Anniversary Mega Man Unlimited! July 14, 2016Posted by MegaPhilX in : Art, Art, Download, Feature, Games, Megaman, MegaMan Unlimited, Update, Updates, Wallpaper , add a comment
Yes, that’s right! Today marks the 3rd Anniversary of the release of Mega Man Unlimited!
Wow! 3 years already and so many awesome moments with the community!
I have a few things planned to celebrate this event. Unfortunately I couldn’t get them all ready for today so I will let you know as they happen. Here is what I have in mind:
– Available right now: Mod #002: Slow Buster! See if you can handle the game with Buster shots that move at 33% of their original speed!
– Available right now: Mod #003: 2nd Generation Sound Effects! You always preferred sound effects from Mega Man 3, 4, 5 & 6? Like the ridiculously loud and long explosion sounds from Mega Man 4 and 6? Then this mod is for you! The game otherwise remains the same.
– Coming soon-ish: I want to release a new illustration for the game featuring Mega Man and all 10 Robot Masters.
– Coming soon-ish: I also want to make at least 2 T-Shirt designs on TeeSpring and have them available for you to order. We will see if enough people are interested so that this can actually happen.
Again, thank you so much for playing the game and let me know what you think!
Review of Mighty No. 9 is up! July 4, 2016Posted by MegaPhilX in : Games, Review , add a comment
I have finally been able to work on that Mighty No. 9 review I wanted to post. I wanted to make sure I beat the game and I at least have tried the higer difficulty settings to get a proper idea of the quality of the game.
Here it the review!
Since more than 50 people liked this crazy video of me and the Snupsters trying to beat bosses in Mega Man Unlimited with a modified version of the game where Mega Man’s buster fires in a wave pattern and can only fire 1 Shot at a time, I have created a new page for Mega Man Unlimited Mods.
I have added this Wave Buster + Max 1-Shot mod to it. More mods should come in the future. Let me know if you have ideas for some.
Mods are small changes made to the game that have the potential of changing the gameplay drastically. They might make the game unbeatable but it’s only for fun, so take them with a grain of salt. Have fun!
Mega Man Unlimited Mods & XBox One Controller “Fix” June 3, 2016Posted by MegaPhilX in : Download, Feature, Games, Megaman, MegaMan Unlimited, Uncategorized, Update, Videos, Weapon , add a comment
As my second guest appearance on the Snupsters Race Deranged show, I have modified Mega Man Unlimited for Mega Man’s buster to fire shots that move in a wave pattern like the Wave Beam from Metroid. But that wasn’t enough. In addition to this incredibly annoying pattern, Mega Man can only fire 1 shot on-screen at a time. Watch as the Snupsters and I try to beat as many bosses as we can with this mod. If the video gets 50+ likes, I will release this mod for everyone to play. So if you feel like taking on this stupid challenge, go ahead and give the video a like! ^_^ I have other mods that we should feature in the future. If you have ideas, let me know!
In other news, Nico from the Snupsters has created an options.xopts file that allows you to use the XBox One controller with Mega Man Unlimited.
Just download the file and copy it to the Mega Man Unlimited folder to replace the existing options file after extracting the game content.
Make sure that you don’t access the controller mapping option in the options menu because it will reset the file.
Test your Endurance in Mega Man Unlimited Version 1.3.1! July 28, 2015Posted by MegaPhilX in : Download, Feature, Megaman, MegaMan Unlimited, Update, Updates , 3comments
I originally wanted to release this on the 2nd anniversary of Mega Man Unlimited but I’m really running short on spare time. Also, as I was testing the new features, I quickly decided to re-design many of the endless attack stages to make them easier so this whole thing took more time to do. :P Head over to the Download Page to get the new version.
Anyway, this release features a couple of interesting updates:
- A new Endurance Attack mode has been added to the Special Menu. In this mode, you go through every stage of the Endless Attack mode in a specific order. Everytime you beat a Robot Master, you take +1 damage whenever you get hit after that. If you manage to complete all 70 stages, your total time will be saved. This is quite a challenge!
- Z-Prototype can now be played in Endless Attack, Endless Boss Attack and Endurance Attack modes.
- Many stages of Endless Attack and Endurance Attack have been modified to tone down their difficulty.
- For fun, I added a cheat command that changes the Robot Master battle song to a boss song from another NES Capcom game (One of my favorite NES boss songs of all time). If you hold down certain buttons during the stage start sequence, the song will be different when you get to the Robot Master fight.
I will try to release the map of all the Endurance Attack stages soon.
Have fun! Let me know what you thing of the new features! ^_^
Mega Man Unlimited is Now 2 Years Old! July 14, 2015Posted by MegaPhilX in : Art, Art, Download, Feature, MegaMan Unlimited, Wallpaper , 1 comment so far
Today marks the 2nd Anniversary of Mega Man Unlimited! Two years ago at this time, we released the game for everybody to play.
The reaction was overwhelming and the game had its share of problems when released, but since then, a lot of updates were made. Just to give you an idea:
We have fixed crashes, glitches, reverted some bugs to make a speed run version of the game, added the option to exit a stage (Yes, it wasn’t in there at first o_O), added checkpoints, added Easy Mode, Insta-Death Mode, tweaked the stages, added Endless Attack, Endless Boss Attack and Challenge modes, Ω Robot Masters, a tenth Robot Master (WhirlpoolMan), a new special weapon (Water Cannon), the charge shot, changed some of the stage music and we even added an entirely new playable character complete with his own set of abilities gained from beating the Robot Masters. And this is just a small list. There’s been a lot of things going on in this game and the reason is because people love the game and play it. If no one was interested in Mega Man Unlimited, I certainly would have not spent all that time updating it and tweaking it. It’s all because you guys play the game that I care so much. ^_^
So thank you for playing and for your feedback/criticism and happy 2nd Anniversary Mega Man Unlimited!!!
More stuff coming soon… ^_^
Mega Man Unlimited Version 1.3.0 is now up for download on the Mega Man Unlimited Download Page.
Version 1.3.0’s main feature is a new playable character: Z-Prototype
Savegames from version 1.2.0 and above are supported in 1.3.0 and should allow you to unlock him if you have met the conditions.
So you can just copy you savegame from 1.2.0 over to the folder of version 1.3.0.
Savegames from before 1.2.0 are not supported.
IMPORTANT: In order for the game to have remembered that you beat it, you need to have saved at least once after beating it before exiting it. If you have just beaten it and exited without saving at least once, it won’t remember.
Playing as Z-Prototype isn’t part of the main story of the game and is not canon. It is just a bonus character to play as and have fun.
It is possible the game still has bugs so, if you encounter issues, let me know.
Many thanks to Jansim for his help in programming this new feature and to Nico Thulin for his help in testing the game.
Check out our Facebook page.
@MegaPhilX on Twitter
Version 1.3.0 of MMU coming soon! New Playable Character! April 19, 2015Posted by MegaPhilX in : Feature, Games, Megaman, MegaMan Unlimited, Uncategorized, Update, Updates, Videos , 1 comment so far
Me and Jansim are currently working on the next update to Mega Man Unlimited: version 1.3.0 which should come out soon.
This version adds the Z-Prototype as a new playable character in the main game.
Jansim started developing this character way back after we released the game for the first time, but we had abandoned the idea because it was a lot of work and we were tired. Now he gets his chance to shine! Stay tuned for more info. Check out our Facebook page in the meantime.
What you can expect:
- If you have beaten the game on Original or Insta-Kill mode, you will be able to select the Z-Prototype when starting a New Game.
- Z-Prototype is playable in the main story mode of Mega Man Unlimited. He is not playable in Endless Attack, Endless Boss Attack, WhirlpoolMan Stage or Challenge Mode.
- The Z-Prototype learns new techniques from defeated Robot Masters.
- Z-Prototype has no specific story. This is more like a bonus mode.
Megaman Unlimited Version 1.2.2 is Up for Download! March 4, 2015Posted by MegaPhilX in : Download, Feature, Games, MegaMan Unlimited, Update, Updates , 14comments
You can now download Mega Man Unlimited version 1.2.2 from the MMU download page.
Download version 1.2.2 to battle the Ω versions of each Robot Master of the game. Ω Robot Masters are very hard to defeat. If you defeat them,each of their weapons will consume half the energy in the main game! You can also try to defeat every normal Robot Master without taking damage. A bunch of other smaller updates such as new songs for RainbowMan and CometWoman stages have been added too! (Thanks to Spriter Gors!) So, what are you waiting for!? Get downloadin’! ^_^
Version 1.2.2 features the following additions:
- Added Challenge Mode to Special Menu
- Added Perfect Robot Masters battle challenges
- Added Omega Robot Masters battle challenges
- Added alternate CometWoman Stage music
- Added alternate RainbowMan Stage music
- Options Menu now features “Use Alternate BGM” option
- Options Menu now features “Use Short Cutscenes” option.
- Options Menu now features “Use Omega Weapons” option
- Fixed a bug causing Mega Man’s Jet Missile to display its target reticle even on enemies that were out of range of the homing missile
- Added sound effects and polish to Yo-yoMan
- Title Screen changes if you have beaten Insta-Death Mode since version 1.2.0.
- A few tweaks
New MMU Update Coming Soon: Ω Challenges! February 12, 2015Posted by MegaPhilX in : Feature, MegaMan Unlimited, Update, Updates , 3comments
This little idea popped in my head and is actually not too much work to do so, despite my lack of spare time, I’ve decided to go ahead and do it since it is pretty fun to do and I know some of you guys will enjoy this feature.
Version 1.2.2 will add the following features:
- A new “Challenge” menu will be added to the “Special” menu.
- The Challenge menu will contain battles against Ω versions of each robot masters of the game.
- Ω robot masters have attack patterns that are very difficult to dodge and fighting them is a test of skills, reflexes and endurance.
- The goal of those challenges is simply to defeat them without dying. (No need to perfect them)
- Their projectiles deal the same damage as “Original” difficulty.
- Colliding directly with them deals 50% more damage (Instead of 8 DMG, they deal 12 DMG. So 3 hits and you’re dead. (Just like ElecMan and IceMan in Megaman 1))
- You can only use the Mega Buster when fighting them.
- If you manage to defeat a Ω robot master, the game will save your accomplishment.
- If you have defeated the Ω version of a robot master, when you obtain his/her weapon when playing the normal game, the weapon will consume half the weapon energy. (Those buffs will also apply to Endless Attack and WhirpoolMan stage, but not to Endless Boss Attack.)
- An option in the options.xopts file will allow to disable those Ω Weapons buffs so you can still play the game legit without deleting your savegame file. (This means you will have to use the new options.xopts file and won’t be able to use an options.xopts file from a previous version of the game.
- The Ω battles feature the Wily Castle Boss 1 song. But if you set the use-alternate-bgm option to 0 in the options.xopts file, the normal robot master battle theme will play instead.
- An option in the options.xopts file will allow you to always use the short versions of the cutscenes near the end of the game. (Mostly for speedrunners.)
- I’ve fixed a bug with the Jet Missile weapon that caused it to still display its target reticle even when the enemy is out homing range.
- I’ll also add a new set of challenge which are Perfect Robot Master battles. (You have to defeat their normal version without taking damage.)
Again, I have no ETA on this new version but it’ll be pretty soon. I already have 5 Ω robot masters done.