Mega Man Unlimited Mods & XBox One Controller “Fix” June 3, 2016Posted by MegaPhilX in : Download, Feature, Games, Megaman, MegaMan Unlimited, Uncategorized, Update, Videos, Weapon , add a comment
As my second guest appearance on the Snupsters Race Deranged show, I have modified Mega Man Unlimited for Mega Man’s buster to fire shots that move in a wave pattern like the Wave Beam from Metroid. But that wasn’t enough. In addition to this incredibly annoying pattern, Mega Man can only fire 1 shot on-screen at a time. Watch as the Snupsters and I try to beat as many bosses as we can with this mod. If the video gets 50+ likes, I will release this mod for everyone to play. So if you feel like taking on this stupid challenge, go ahead and give the video a like! ^_^ I have other mods that we should feature in the future. If you have ideas, let me know!
In other news, Nico from the Snupsters has created an options.xopts file that allows you to use the XBox One controller with Mega Man Unlimited.
Just download the file and copy it to the Mega Man Unlimited folder to replace the existing options file after extracting the game content.
Make sure that you don’t access the controller mapping option in the options menu because it will reset the file.
A New Weapon! July 28, 2014Posted by MegaPhilX in : Feature, Megaman, MegaMan Unlimited, Update, Weapon , 4comments
Alright I have 1 good news and 1 “bad” news.
- Good news is that I’ve added the Water Cannon (WhirlpoolMan’s weapon) to the game! ^_^
- Bad news is that this might cause problems if you are using an old savegame file so it would be better to start from scratch. This means that old save files won’t be supported. (You will still be able to use them but do so at your own risks.)
With that being said, all that is left to do is test this out all over the game. So unless we find a major problem that I can’t fix, the 1.2.0 update should be ready soon and should contain this new weapon as well.
If no problem is found and this ends up in the game, here is how it will work:
- Whirpool Man stage is separate from the game (Like the Megaman killers in Megaman 10 or Fake Man in Megaman 9)
- When you defeat Whirpool Man for the first time, Megaman will absorb his weapon and the game will automatically save.
- Then, the Water Cannon will be added to your arsenal once you start a new game or load a saved game.
- Once you’ve defeated Whirlpool Man, the Water Cannon should also be available in both Endless Attack and Endless Boss Attack modes.
The endless stages will work the same way:
- Endless Attack and Endless Boss Attack modes are separate from the main game, like Whirlpool Man’s stage.
- When you die in Endless Attack mode, the game will automatically save your high score and show it in the menu.