New MMU Update Coming Soon: Ω Challenges! February 12, 2015Posted by MegaPhilX in : Feature, MegaMan Unlimited, Update, Updates , trackback
This little idea popped in my head and is actually not too much work to do so, despite my lack of spare time, I’ve decided to go ahead and do it since it is pretty fun to do and I know some of you guys will enjoy this feature.
Version 1.2.2 will add the following features:
- A new “Challenge” menu will be added to the “Special” menu.
- The Challenge menu will contain battles against Ω versions of each robot masters of the game.
- Ω robot masters have attack patterns that are very difficult to dodge and fighting them is a test of skills, reflexes and endurance.
- The goal of those challenges is simply to defeat them without dying. (No need to perfect them)
- Their projectiles deal the same damage as “Original” difficulty.
- Colliding directly with them deals 50% more damage (Instead of 8 DMG, they deal 12 DMG. So 3 hits and you’re dead. (Just like ElecMan and IceMan in Megaman 1))
- You can only use the Mega Buster when fighting them.
- If you manage to defeat a Ω robot master, the game will save your accomplishment.
- If you have defeated the Ω version of a robot master, when you obtain his/her weapon when playing the normal game, the weapon will consume half the weapon energy. (Those buffs will also apply to Endless Attack and WhirpoolMan stage, but not to Endless Boss Attack.)
- An option in the options.xopts file will allow to disable those Ω Weapons buffs so you can still play the game legit without deleting your savegame file. (This means you will have to use the new options.xopts file and won’t be able to use an options.xopts file from a previous version of the game.
- The Ω battles feature the Wily Castle Boss 1 song. But if you set the use-alternate-bgm option to 0 in the options.xopts file, the normal robot master battle theme will play instead.
- An option in the options.xopts file will allow you to always use the short versions of the cutscenes near the end of the game. (Mostly for speedrunners.)
- I’ve fixed a bug with the Jet Missile weapon that caused it to still display its target reticle even when the enemy is out homing range.
- I’ll also add a new set of challenge which are Perfect Robot Master battles. (You have to defeat their normal version without taking damage.)
Again, I have no ETA on this new version but it’ll be pretty soon. I already have 5 Ω robot masters done.