Megaman Unlimited is available for download on the MMU-Download page.
- Platform: PC – Windows
- Release: July 14th 2013
- Requirements: At least 500 MBs of free RAM
- Follow our progress on the Megaman Unlimited Facebook Page
- Planning, Game Design, Level Design, Background Design, Character design, Story, Pixel Art & Sound effects by Philippe Poulin.
- Gameplay Programming by Jean-Simon Brochu and Gabriel Leblanc
- Game Engine by Gabriel Leblanc.
- Music by Kevin Phetsomphou, Yan Thouin and Philippe Poulin.
- Play an entirely original Mega Man game with original enemies, weapons and bosses.
- Features colorful 8-bit-style graphics.
- Epic NES-style soundtrack by Kevin Phetsomphou, MegaPhilX and Yan Thouin.
- Full controller and keyboard support. Customize your controls as you want.
- Save and Load function allows you to pick up where you left off.
- 3 difficulty settings: Original, Easy and Insta-Death.
- 14 action-packed stages and more…
- Item Shop allow you to purchase items to help you on your quest.
- Fight against 8 original Robot Masters plus a secret 9th one to obtain their powerful weapons.
- Beat the game to unlock an additional playable character.
- Choose between the classic Mega Buster or the chargeable version.
- Face a 10th Robot Master in an additional special stage to obtain his weapon.
- Test your skills in Endless Attack mode, a survival mode inspired by Mega Man 9 and 10 with 50+ different areas to explore!
- Endless Boss Attack mode pits you against every Robot Master in the game in succession.
- Special Challenge mode pushes your Mega Man skills to the limit!
- Endurance Attack Mode challenges you to beat 70 areas as fast as you can!
Megaman Unlimited is a Megaman fan-game in the classic 8-Bit NES style both in sound and visuals. It is similar to Megaman 3 and Megaman 9-10 in design philosophy. MMU is made by fans for fun. It is not related to the official series’ canon. We are not making money with this project, as the Megaman brand is the property of Capcom.
This project has been under development for roughly 5 years, working in our free time after work nearly every day.
While in the NES 8-Bit style, Megaman Unlimited is made using currently existing technology and thus won’t work on an NES or on an old computer. Our goal was to have fun making this game and not necessarily following every technical limitations of the NES.
Check the Megaman Unlimited FAQ for more information.
Megaman Unlimited Japanese-Style trailer
Megaman Unlimited has reached Alpha at this point so I made a Japanese/Anime-style trailer to give a preview of the game to the fans.
The Official MegaMan Unlimited First Trailer
Made before the Special Weapons were implemented. At that point we had just finished adding all the small enemies in the game. After that, we were working on the special weapons, the Wily Bosses and other smaller features such as Status Screen and collectibles. Still, a lot of work.
8 robots have gone on a rampage and are wreaking havoc on the city and throughout the world! The robots are Dr. Wily’s creations! However, Dr. Wily claimed that the robots are not under his control and has vowed to help fix the problem along with Dr. Light…
But just as they both start to work on their investigation of the mysterious force that took control of Wily’s robots, a shadowy figure breaks into the lab and kidnaps Dr. Wily!
Dr. Wily: “Help!!!”
Dr. Light: “Mega Man! Go after Wily’s kidnapper! It might be the key to this mystery!
Mega Man: “Right! I’m on it!”
Mega Man runs off into action once again with his trusty companion Rush.
Meanwhile, standing on top of a damaged building, Proto Man also looks on as the city goes up in flames. He then disappears in the shadows, hoping to find out some answers himself…
Battle your way through a mad onslaught of crazed machinery. The Robot Masters pour on more insane weapons than you can believe! They clank, buzz, crawl, shoot and blast from every direction. Explore every corner. Climb every ladder. Dodge, slide, leap and fire to blast your attackers or at least get away in one piece!
You start the round with 3 chances to make it through. Keep an eye on your Energy Meter at the top left corner of the screen. Your energy drains away as you take the crushing blows your foes dish out.
Keep going! Destroy all the robot fiends in the level, and you’ll get to face the diabolical Robot Master. His Energy Meter appears to the right of yours, so you can keep an eye on who’s winning!
If you lose all your chances, the game ends. But if you destroy the Robot Master, you gain his weapons. Then you can take on the next maniac!
Default Keyboard Controls:
- Move Megaman: Arrows
- Climb Ladder: Arrows UP and DOWN
- Jump Button: Z
- Fire Button: Left SHIFT Button
- Slide Button: DOWN + Z or Left ALT Key
- L Button (Switch to Next Weapon): S
- R Button (Switch to Previous Weapon): A
- Start Button (Access Status Screen): ENTER
- Select Button (Access Menu Screen): ESC
- You can assign both keyboard and controller inputs in the Options menu.
- You must plug in a controller BEFORE starting the game.
Megaman is the property of CAPCOM